From: Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy <pclouds@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Planning for automatic assignment of bugs
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 13:07:43
1 On 4/26/07, Joshua Jackson <tsunam@g.o> wrote:
2 > Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy wrote:
3 > > On 4/26/07, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
4 > >> Case 2 - Metadata contains a single maintainer
5 > >> ----------------------------------------------
6 > >> - The herd field is not used.
7 > >> - The maintainer address is used as the bugzilla assignee.
8 > >> This is important for all the herds that have aliases that are NOT the
9 > >> same as their herd name!
10 > >> This diverges from existing manual practice, to avoid unnecessary
11 > >> duplicate mail, and means that existing metadata may need a cleanup.
12 > >
13 > > It should take devaway into account.
14 > >
15 > why? Seriously, dev-away != dev retired... having it take devaway into
16 > account is pointless in my opinion as it won't improve it being properly
17 > assigned...as it'll be covered in other cases, and its not like there's
18 > not bugs for all of us dev's that have not sat there for a month or so,
19 > at some point
20
21 I meant if a maintainer is away, his/her herd should be assignee with
22 him/her CCed.
25 Duy
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list