From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Agenda [WAS: One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June]
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 21:58:35
1 On 03:06 Wed 11 Jun , Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > This is your one-day friendly reminder ! The monthly Gentoo Council
3 > meeting is tomorrow in #gentoo-council on irc.freenode.net. See the
4 > channel topic for the exact time (but it's probably 2000 UTC).
5
6 Here's the proposed agenda. I intend to get every requested topic on the
7 agenda so there is no need for an open floor afterwards.
8
9 Carefully note the Preparation sections. If they aren't completed, we
10 will postpone the topic to the -council mailing list or the next meeting
11 instead of waste time during the meeting doing things that should've
12 happened in advance.
13
14 Please respond with any suggestions, including suggested order of the
15 topics by urgency (within "old topics" and "new topics"). Unfortunately
16 not all of the topics were posted to the council meeting reminder
17 thread, so it was hard to dig them out.
20 More meeting optimization
21 -------------------------
22
23 I'd like to also set a 2-hour limit on the meeting. Anything we don't
24 hit during that timeframe will be postponed to the list or the next
25 meeting.
26
27 We can also take an idea from http://en.opensuse.org/Meetings/About and
28 set the +zmn channel modes:
29
30 * +m - Moderated - People who don't have voices (+v) can't send
31 messages to the channel.
32 * +n - No external messages - With this mode, no one can send messages
33 to the channel without even being joined.
34 * +z - Relaxed moderation - When +z is set each message that would be
35 blocked by +m is sent to all the users who are currently operator.
36
37 That will allow council members to see everything said by everyone, but
38 non-council people will not be able to see things said by other
39 non-council people. Then +v can be given to anyone with good
40 contributions. What do you think?
41
42 Thanks,
43 Donnie