From: "Tomáš Chvátal" <scarabeus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Moving HOMEPAGE out of ebuilds for the future
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 13:46:56
1 On Sunday 30 November 2008 14:23:48 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > I have a very quick proposal: why don't we move the packages' homepage
3 > in metadata.xml (since it's usually unique for all the versions) and we
4 > get rid of the variable for the next EAPI version?
5 I would rather see something like:
6
7 packagename/metadata.xml
8 packagename/package-base.ebuild
9 packagename/packagename-version.ebuild
10 packagename/Manifest
11 packagename/Changelog
12
13 Where package-base would store everything basic for the ebuild, licences and
14 so on, and in package-version would be only specific changes for the version
15 (for example patching Makefile).
16
17 Variables will be overridable this way and thus i think it would be nicer.