From: Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The state and future of the OpenRC project
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 19:52:23
1 On 08/06/14 18:06, hasufell wrote:
2 > I am not sure if that is a joke. You can pretty much ask most major
3 > gentoo projects. The ones where I was involved more deeply definitely
4 > suffer from that problem, including sunrise and games team. Science team
5 > gave up importing major ebuilds to the tree and just let users manage
6 > them on github, because that workflow sucks less.
7
8 I disagree with that point. If you are referring to sage (or
9 other larger science projects), then they stay in the overlay
10 because people feel it is not worth the effort to fix the QA
11 issues which in turn would be necessary before moving them to the
12 main tree.
13
14 From what I can tell it has nothing to do with bugzilla
15 vs. github. For me personally bugzilla + a git tree (which is
16 the situation we have for overlays anyway) is fine.
17
18 Cheers,
19 Thomas
22 Thomas Kahle