From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] My masterplan for git migration (+ looking for infra to test it)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 15:42:48
1 Patrick Lauer:
2 >> Are we going to disallow merge commits and ask devs to rebase local
3 >> changes in order to keep the history "clean"?
4 >
5 > Is that going to be sane with our commit frequency?
8 You have to merge or rebase anyway in case of a push conflict, so the
9 only difference is the method and the effect on the history.
10
11 Currently... CVS allows you to run repoman on an outdated tree and push
12 broken ebuilds with repoman being happy. Git will not allow this.