From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: Davide Pesavento <pesa@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-infrastructure@l.g.o, qa@g.o, council@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] My masterplan for git migration (+ looking for infra to test it)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 15:30:59
1 On Sunday 14 September 2014 15:40:06 Davide Pesavento wrote:
2 > On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 > > We have main developer repo where developers work & commit and are
4 > > relatively happy. For every push into developer repo, automated magic
5 > > thingie merges stuff into user sync repo and updates the metadata cache
6 > > there.
7 >
8 > How long does the md5-cache regeneration process take? Are you sure it
9 > will be able to keep up with the rate of pushes to the repo during
10 > "peak hours"? If not, maybe we could use a time-based thing similar to
11 > the current cvs->rsync synchronization.
12
13 Best case only one package is affected - a few seconds
14 Worst case someone touches an eclass like eutils, then it expands to something
15 on the order of one or two CPU-hours.
16
17 > Are we going to disallow merge commits and ask devs to rebase local
18 > changes in order to keep the history "clean"?
19
20 Is that going to be sane with our commit frequency?