From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RT2X00_DEVICE USE_EXPAND
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 14:17:34
1 Roy Marples wrote:
2 > Seeing as this requires discussion according to make.defaults
3 >
4 > The rt2x00 cvs driver supports various RT wireless chipsets and the user
5 > should be able to control which one gets installed. This is also important as
6 > the cvs portion of a specific driver may break over time.
7 >
8 > I've already modified the ebuild AND added the rt2x00_devices.desc file. I
9 > only found out this apparently requires discussion after the fact. So lets
10 > discuss :)
11 >
12 > Let's also discuss why I cannot just add rtx2x00_devices_rt2500pci to
13 > use.local.desc without prior discussion which for my purposes has the same
14 > effect.
15
16 Perhaps because other options exist? I'd have suggested WIRELESS_DEVICES
17 (or even ETHERNET_DEVICES or NET_DEVICES) instead, which would work for
18 your case and also be applicable to other packages.
19
20 Thanks,
21 Donnie
22 --