From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: git migration
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 17:04:31
1 On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 12:48 PM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2 > Steven J. Long:
3 >
4 >> Either way, I don't think the discussion about Changelogs should *at all* affect the move to git;
5 >
6 > Correct, because this wouldn't even be a regression to the current CVS
7 > workflow.
10 That depends a great deal on how the move is implemented.
11
12 Most proposals involve dropping Changelogs from the tree, so devs
13 would not write to them. Having Changelogs in the tree that users
14 sync requires the creation of a script that will copy the git commit
15 message into the Changelog.
16
17 If we continued to maintain Changelogs as text files in the git tree
18 then there would not be any change in workflow. Devs would continue
19 to use whatever scripts they're currently using to copy the commit
20 message into the Changelog, or vice-versa.
23 Rich