From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Clarify the "as-is" license?
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 19:29:03
1 Ulrich Mueller schrieb:
2 > I've created licenses/HPND [1] now, and added it to the @OSI-APPROVED
3 > group. So packages whose license matches this template can be changed
4 > from as-is to HPND. (And please, _only_ OSD-compliant packages.
5 > We don't want the same mess again, as we have with as-is.)
6
7 I have one question: The license can be GPL-compatible but the software
8 itself non-free. So binary-only packages distributed under e.g. BSD
9 license should remain BSD or not?
10
11 If we start to measure the software freedom of the code inside the
12 package, then maybe LICENSE is the wrong variable to express this.
15 Best regards,
16 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn