From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ada compiler: split complete, naming suggestions for gnat-gpl?
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 18:58:50
1 неділя, 15. січень 2006 16:03, George Shapovalov Ви написали:
2 > > If the 2005 does turn out to be a release date rather than the
3 > > standard name, then it makes sense as a release version; gnat-gpl-2005
4 > > would be enough. Later releases can add a point revision if necessary;
5 > > if you do 2005.1 now, what happens if upstream release
6 > > gnat-gpl-2005.1.tgz?
7 >
8 > Good point. I kind of assumed that this just stands for the standard name,
9 > but it indeed may be used as a version number upstream. Well, I guess the
10 > only way to know is to pester them a bit more to see if they made up their
11 > mind about versioning..
12
13 Ok, I got the answer from upstream and, as I expected, 2005 refers to the
14 language specification and is not a release version. Upstream in fact is
15 undecided at this point on what naming/versioning scheme it is going to use,
16 so we need to come up with something.. Then 3.4.5.1 seems as good to me as
17 2005, probably even better (than the latter) since it is more descriptive
18 (and is in fact easier to follow technically).
19
20 George
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list