From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: A few questions to our nominees
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 07:51:05
1 On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 09:45:37 +0200
2 Tiziano Müller <dev-zero@g.o> wrote:
3 > And why don't we change the versioning of the EAPI to a "X.Y" scheme
4 > and demand that changes in the minor version must not break sourcing
5 > of the ebuild with older package managers and that major versions do.
6 > Major version numbers are written in the postfix, while minor version
7 > numbers are written in the ebuild itself as EAPI_MINOR="1". So, the
8 > current EAPI 1 would then be in fact "0.1".
9
10 No point. A 0 package manager still couldn't use a 0.1 ebuild.
13 Ciaran McCreesh