From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Warn users not to do separate /usr partition without proper initramfs in the handbook?
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 11:20:19
1 El lun, 01-08-2011 a las 13:12 +0200, Marc Schiffbauer escribió:
2 [...]
3 > * /usr/portage can get very huge and is often written to. With
4 > / and /usr being on the same FS you really want to have
5 > /usr/portage on a seperate FS then
6 >
7 > I am sure there are some other reasons too.
8 >
9 > Just my 2¢
10 >
11 > -Marc
12
13 Having /usr/portage on a different partition will still be supported if
14 I understood correctly (at least, it still works fine for me even having
15 the rest of /usr under / partition)