From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in app-admin/chrpath: ChangeLog chrpath-0.13-r2.ebuild
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:39:17
1 On 10/11/2011 09:46 PM, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 11-10-2011 21:34:22 +0300, Samuli Suominen wrote:
3 >> Thanks, the end result of installed files look now OK. Care to reopen
4 >> the stabilization bug? The changes are trivial.
5 >
6 > Shall we stick to the policy and wait 30 days without bugs first?
7
8 OK, no hurry.
9
10 >> I just hope nobody will take an example of the ebuild with code
11 >> duplication (multiple epatch calls), overquoting, redudant use of find
12 >> when rm is more than enough, ...
13 >
14 > I just like the documented way of doing things [1], so I hope many
15 > people will just stick to that for maintainability, in favour of pseudo
16 > efficiency.
19 > [1] http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/functions/src_prepare/epatch/index.html
22 This document should be fixed. Any comments about the patches belong to
23 header of those patches, available for possible upstreams as well.
24 Doesn't belong to ebuilds. So it very rarely makes sense to call epatch
25 multiple times, and certainly doesn't improve maintainability.
26
27 - Samuli