From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] LibreSSL, introduce virtual/openssl
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 13:23:19
1 On 01/23/15 00:56, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Dnia 2015-01-23, o godz. 01:51:24
3 > hasufell <hasufell@g.o> napisał(a):
4 >
5 >> Regarding the last libav discussion I think we should also go with a
6 >> "libressl" USE flag instead of creating a virtual that makes handling
7 >> SUBSLOTs impossible.
8 > If libressl and openssl would have matching ABIs, that wouldn't be
9 > necessary and you could what virtual/libudev does, i.e. explicit
10 > subslot deps.
11 >
12 *if* I'm not sure they will even though that's the plan. If you look
13 in the libressl overlay, you'll see lots of patches to make big ticket
14 items like apache play nice with libressl. These patches involve things
15 like
16
17 +#ifndef HAVE_SSL_CTX_USE_CERTIFICATE_CHAIN
18 int SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain(SSL_CTX *, char *, int,
19 pem_password_cb *);
20 +#else
21 + int _SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain(SSL_CTX *, char *, int,
22 pem_password_cb *);
23 +#endif
24
25 which points to the differences in functions are being exported by the
26 two. This makes me lean towards a USE flag which can also be tied to
27 applying patches rather than a virtual which is better suited for simple
28 drop in substitutions.
31 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
32 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
33 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
34 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
35 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA