From: Robert Cernansky <hslists2@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proxy-dev (an alternative to sunrise?)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 20:14:00
1 On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:49:02 +0200 Alexandre Buisse <nattfodd@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 21:27:31 +0200, Robert Cernansky wrote:
4 >
5 > > I just understand it so, that if a user submits a new ebuild he has to
6 > > in fact maintain it. So overall maintenance time required by his
7 > > operating system will be pretty high. Because besides the
8 > > 'emerge --sync' and 'emerge -u world', he needs take care of "his"
9 > > ebuilds.
10 >
11 > I think you misunderstood luis' proposition. Everything would go on
12 > as now, including users submitting ebuilds on bugzilla and not
13 > "maintainaing" them anymore, but there would also be the solution of
14 > asking to do more and being
15 > a user_maintaining_an_ebuild_through_a_proxy_dev. If you don't want
16 > to do that or don't have the time, and I expect it will be the case
17 > of 99.9% of the users, it's fine. This project is only here for the
18 > remaining 0.1 %.
19
20 So it is something like communication channel between developers and
21 users willing to maintain some ebuild? If yes, it is great. I see no
22 problem then.
23
24 Robert
28 Robert Cernansky