From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2004.2 Feature Requests
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 17:01:15
1 On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 12:37, Pieter Van den Abeele wrote:
2 > I haven't seen anything tangible about a beta installer.
3 >
4 > History learns that it will most likely be totally PPC incompatible and
5 > require hours of patching on my part. Hours I'd like to spend on some,
6 > more thrilling parts such as portage-ng.
7
8 Perhaps you or another member of the PPC team could jump in early, while
9 it's easiest to deal with any issues, instead of a preemptive complaint.
10 Communication is the key here. People without PPC expertise can't
11 magically make things work on PPC without knowing all the issues at
12 hand.
13
14 gentoo-installer is the mailing list, #gentoo-installer is the IRC
15 channel, esammer is the guy to talk to (I know he's posted to this
16 thread, but the thread is very long and it can't hurt much to have the
17 information twice).
18 --
19 Donnie Berkholz
20 Gentoo Linux