From: David Seifert <soap@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Eray Aslan <eras@g.o>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 10:57:42
1 On Wed, 2018-01-10 at 08:55 +0100, Lars Wendler wrote:
2 > On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 08:48:56 +0300 Eray Aslan wrote:
3 >
4 > > On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 10:20:56PM +0100, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
5 > > > * Posting to the list will only be possible to Gentoo developers
6 > > > and
7 > > > whitelisted additional participants.
8 > >
9 > > This is so contrary to what I and I thought Gentoo stands for:
10 > > openness, transparency, inclusiveness even when these require a
11 > > rather
12 > > thick skin and result in high noise. It's a price worth paying.
13 > >
14 > > I guess I should a) pay more attention to council elections b)
15 > > consider
16 > > the idea that the whole council thing as it stands now is just not
17 > > working.
20 > Wow. I couldn't have said it better.
21 > Seems we're turning into an elitist club or something...
22 > I wonder how many users we're going to loose on this one. Well done
23 > council :-(
26 If your only reason to use Gentoo is because you can post to the main
27 developer ML, and not because we try to provide a great distribution
28 with lots of choice, a current toolchain and lots of customization,
29 then you're likely using the wrong distribution.