From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE 3.2.3
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 18:18:30
1 On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 13:19, Jeff Smelser wrote:
2 > because I was told kde isn't ready simply because its not 30 days. your
3 > telling me now its just a guidline, which is what I thought in the
4 > beginning..
5 >
6 > Its come back full circle.
7
8 Not exactly... we've said over and over again that a package should
9 remain for ~30 days simply to weed out bugs. It's been 30 days. I
10 *never* said that KDE was not stable because it had not been in testing
11 for 30 days, but rather that you should wait until at least 30 days of
12 no bugs until asking why. That part is pretty clear in the afore quoted
13 text.
14
15 > Like I have said, over and over.. How can I get kde released? Celeb told me
16 > its ready, he hasn't had time to repoman and blah blah. I am asking now, what
17 > i can do to get it arched.. This is a positive discussion on how to move this
18 > forward. If I can't do it, then so be it.
19
20 How can you get KDE released? You can't. Only a developer with CVS
21 access can do that. You can *help* by testing and whatnot, but in the
22 end, without access to commit to the CVS tree, you cannot complete a
23 release.
24
25 As for me personally attacking you, I've done no such thing. I have
26 attacked *the way* that you have been portraying yourself through the
27 words you have chosen with your emails. However, I have definitely been
28 out of line in some of my comments, and for that, I apologise. I just
29 get tired of hearing users time and time again point out all of our
30 flaws with nothing helpful to say, until later when we point out that
31 their original comments were inflammatory.
32
33 Besides... why in the world would you want to use KDE anyway? Gnome is
34 *way* better...
35
36 /me ducks
39 Chris Gianelloni
40 Release Engineering QA Manager/Games Developer
41 Gentoo Linux
42
43 Is your power animal a pengiun?
47 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list