From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for August
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 15:00:51
1 Jakub Moc wrote:
2
3 >>> I would also like to know why the council has to be involved since
4 >>> you've never sent an email to infra specifically asking the same thing
5 >>> first. Sure makes sense to me that you should ask the group involved
6 >>> with the work first instead of going to the top.
7 >
8 > Because it's been broken for ages? Because I've asked the same on the
9 > bug I've referred to multiple times, as did quite a few other people,
10 > and the thing is still dead ~3 hours a day? (So uhm, the argument that
11 > infra doesn't know about is _really_ moot.) Because users complain over
12 > and over again? Because we are getting tons of duplicate bugs due to
13 > bugzilla being non-responsive? Because it's wasting hours of my time
14 > every day? Because if CVS was in the same state, you'd about have a
15 > revolution by now?
16
17 There's a difference between "do you know its broke?" and "how is the
18 progress going?". I understood your email as "how is the progress
19 going?" as such, I did not see any recent comment made on the bug, nor
20 an email sent to us asking how the progress was going. I know you view
21 this as "I don't see it fixed, so that's not progress", but if you don't
22 think the hard work of the GNi folks of setting up some nice hardware
23 for this as part of the progress, then I'm sorry.
24
25 Anyways, if you would like, I can send you an update to the bug every
26 week until it gets completed. My guess (sparing any huge hurdles), is
27 that we can have the new bugs up by the end of this month. That's
28 including setting up the software, and testing it to make sure that the
29 issues that's been occurring have been addressed.
30
31 Cheers-
34 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
35 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
36
37 ---
38 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
39 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
40
41 ramereth/irc.freenode.net