From: James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] On the good usage of subslots
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 20:54:43
1 >>>>> "AB" == Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> writes:
2
3 AB> Well, if we have to advertise the usage of this option that basically
4 AB> disables subslot rebuilds, it only means we are doing something
5 AB> seriously wrong with subslots :=)
6
7 So far, I've found the sub slots to be more of a pain in the ass than
8 helpful.
9
10 They get in the way of things like automated 'emerge --sync;emerge -upvDN',
11 since portage craps out complaining about the subslots rather than showing
12 the list of what need to be built.
13
14 Perhaps that is just an implementation detail to be worked out, but for now
15 they haven't done anything helpful here.
16
17 -JimC
18 --
19 James Cloos <cloos@×××××××.com> OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6