From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] On the good usage of subslots
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 00:44:26
1 On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 20:21:56 +0100
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 09:15:03 -0300
5 > Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > I hope this will be trivial to most of you but after seeing bug
8 > > #455900 and the vast majority of developers not even thinking twice
9 > > before sedding their dep strings, I believe this needs some
10 > > attention.
11 >
12 > As a note for those who get irritated with those webkit-gtk:
13 >
14 > --ignore-built-slot-operator-deps < y | n >
15 > Ignore the slot/sub-slot := operator parts of
16 > dependencies that have been recorded when packages where built.
17 > This option is intended only for debugging purposes, and it only
18 > affects built packages that specify slot/sub-slot := operator
19 > dependencies which are supported beginning with EAPI 5.
20 >
21 > Sadly, there's probably no way to ignore them only for cases when they
22 > are completely useless, leaving the meaningful uses alone.
23
24 Well, if we have to advertise the usage of this option that basically
25 disables subslot rebuilds, it only means we are doing something
26 seriously wrong with subslots :=)
27
28 Alexis.