From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Discontinuing LibreSSL support?
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 12:27:11
1 On Tue, 2020-12-29 at 06:33 +0100, David Haller wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > On Mon, 28 Dec 2020, Michal Górny wrote:
5 > > The only problem that I can think of are packages that depend
6 > > on libressl specifically and do not support openssl.  I don't think
7 > > we
8 > > have anything like that but I'll double check.
9 >
10 > A naive check finds these:
11 >
12 > Depends unconditionally on dev-libs/libressl:
13 > app-crypt/acme-client
14
15 Furthermore, it seems to be specifically relying on libressl internals
16 (i.e. contents of opaque structures). Given that it doesn't build with
17 gcc-10 and there's a lot of ACME clients around, I suppose we can last
18 rite it.
19
20 > Depends conditionally on only dev-libs/libressl (no openssl
21 > alternative):
22 > net-misc/s6-networking
23
24 This dependency has been removed yesterday.
25
26 > net-misc/openntpd
27
28 I've just tested it and it builds fine against dev-libs/libretls.
31 Best regards,
32 Michał Górny