From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in virtual/ffmpeg: ffmpeg-9.ebuild ChangeLog ffmpeg-0.10.2-r1.ebuild
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 21:47:04
1 On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 22:41:04 +0100
2 Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Thursday 07 of February 2013 06:52:44 Peter Stuge wrote:
5 >
6 > > Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
7 > > > we as gentoo will provide both while preffered default will be
8 > > > what major distros use.
9 > >
10 > > What kind of careless mainstream attitude is that? Really?
11 >
12 > Quite the opposite, decision to use implementation A over B was taken
13 > with utmost care for user in mind.
14
15 Not really. I was promised a discussion that hasn't happened yet.
16
17 [...]
18 > > > If you disagree with that and you don't want your lead to make
19 > > > that decision
20 > > Hm? Where can I learn more about the "lead" ? So it is a single
21 > > person's decision, and not "we as gentoo" that decides? I'd like to
22 > > understand how this decision making process actually works. Does
23 > > anyone know?
24 >
25 > It depends - in distro-wide, package-tree-wide matters we have Gentoo
26 > Council. In local matters like this - who does the job decides. Tomáš
27 > does the job - he decides.
28
29 Everyone can do the job to switch defaults :)
30
31 A.