From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Change policy about live ebuilds
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 14:29:52
1 Il giorno dom, 21/11/2010 alle 13.11 +0000, Markos Chandras ha scritto:
2 >
3 > My proposal is to keep empty keywords on live ebuilds without masking
4 > them via package.mask
5
6 The reason why many of them are in p.mask is usually because _I_ added
7 them there as they didn't mask with KEYWORDS="", and simply dropping
8 keywords would have users angry.
9 >
10 > Users interpret this as a 'double masking' which in fact it is since
11 > they need to touch two files before they are able to use the package.
12
13 Fine by me, but the problem remains that users won't know _why_ the
14 package is masked, way too many times.
17 Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
18 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
19
20 If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
21 it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/