From: Meder Bakirov <bakirov@××××××××.kg>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Creating tbz2 or RPMS from ebuild for different hosts!
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:04:55
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 We have different servers on different platforms - AMD, Intel!
5
6 So, it would be better to build packages for those platforms, for AMD with AMD
7 optimization flags, for Intel with Intel optimization flags!
8
9 We don't want any of our production servers to compile software, instead we
10 will dedicate another box (so-called dev machine) for compiling. And we want
11 to build packages on this box only.
12
13 What I'm looking for, is to be able:
14
15 o to specify a target, optimization flags to compiler (e.g. -O2
16 - -march=athlon-xp -funroll-loops)
17
18 o to specify which options will be supported in the package (ldap, ssl, db,
19 mysql, postgresql, etc... support, of course, all necessary libraries will be
20 on a devbox)
21
22 o to create tbz2 or RPM package (it was mentioned in a Portage manual as a
23 directory locations: there were two options: PKGDIR and RPMDIR, so I guess it
24 can create tbz2 and/or RPM) :)
25
26 Is it possible?
27