From: Werner Van Belle <werner.van.belle@××××××.be>
To: Svyatogor <svyatogor@g.o>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] compile time statistics
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:52:22
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Hmmm,
5
6 Altough it's a nice proposal that would be really usefull, I still think there
7 are some serious problems involved. Compilation time is non lineair.
8 Depending on how much cache, how much memory, how fast your hard-disk is,
9 what your bus-speed is and above all, what the user is doing at the same time
10 while upgrading his machine will seriously impact compilation time. All of
11 these factors are very difficult to take into account.
12
13 With kind regards,
14
15 Werner,-