From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Alexander Berntsen <bernalex@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] bugs.g.o: Killing VERIFIED state, possibly introducing STABILIZED
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 07:50:37
1 On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 09:37:22 +0200
2 Alexander Berntsen <bernalex@g.o> wrote:
3
5 > Hash: SHA512
6 >
7 > What we have been doing in Portage so far is that when we fix it in
8 > git, we put IN_PROGRESS + InVCS, and write a comment that links to the
9 > commit on gitweb. Then when we actually release Portage, we consider
10 > it to be fixed, and make it RESOLVED.
11 >
12 > I would not want to tie our choosing RESOLVED to be tied to whether
13 > there is a stabilised package in the tree or not, because there are
14 > other Portage users than Gentoo. But I would not oppose such an
15 > enforcement too strongly at this time.
16 >
17 > We don't really need anything presently in Bugzilla beyond
18 > UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED/IN_PROGRESS/RESOLVED, as well as the keywords
19 > InVCS, PATCH, STABLE, STABLEREQ, and Tracker.
22 > Unrelated to your trimming, Michał, a field for the relevant gitweb
23 > link would be very useful to us. Is there any chance we could get that
24 > as a result of this redesign?
25
26 Bugzilla supports adding any number of extra fields. However, isn't
27 the URL field sufficient for this? I'd rather not increase the size of
28 the form if there's not a big need for that.
31 Best regards,
32 Michał Górny
33 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>