From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proposed solution to arches/stable problem
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:32:31
1 Ferris McCormick wrote: [Tue Jun 22 2004, 11:59:44AM EDT]
2 > I rather like this approach. I think it addresses the maintainers'
3 > concerns, and allows the arch maintainers to proceed if necessary.
4 > Maybe your suggestion can help cool off this discussion.
5
6 :-) I'm glad you like it.
7
8 What do you think of my more recent suggestion, that we use the first
9 keyword in the list to indicate the maintainer's arch, thereby
10 alleviating the need for an additional keyword?
11
12 > (And it provides for useful feedback to the maintainer: after all,
13 > if she sees her package going stable on all architectures but hers,
14 > that's useful information.)
15 >
16 > But, truth in labeling requires me to identify myself as an
17 > arch-type (sparc)
18
19 I was just thinking about this at lunch. I hope that I have a good
20 perspective, since I maintain numerous packages but also work on alpha
21 and ia64. I really have one foot in each camp. ;-)
22
23 Regards,
24 Aron
27 Aron Griffis