From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proposed solution to arches/stable problem
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:54:39
1 On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 13:36:53 -0400 Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | What do you think of my more recent suggestion, that we use the first
4 | keyword in the list to indicate the maintainer's arch, thereby
5 | alleviating the need for an additional keyword?
6
7 I think it won't work, because there are already stacks of packages in
8 the tree where the keywording order is arbitrary.
9
10 Why not put a <maintainernotes> in metadata.xml instead? Much cleaner,
11 provides much more information, doesn't imply meaning in an existing
12 field which does not currently provide any information.
15 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
16 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
17 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm