From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EJOBS variable for EAPI 5? (was: [RFC] Create a JOBS variable to replace -jX in MAKEOPTS)
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 14:48:19
1 On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 10:21:15 +0200
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3 > Coming back to this old topic [1]. Is there still consensus that we
4 > should have such an EJOBS variable? (It shouldn't be called JOBS
5 > because this name is too generic, see the old discussion.) Then we
6 > could add it to EAPI 5.
7 >
8 > Ulrich
9 >
10 > [1]
11 > <http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_750e33f68b16d971dff1f40dd9145e56.xml>
12
13 If we're doing this, do we tell users to stop setting MAKEOPTS for
14 EAPIs 5 and greater? Do we change the name of MAKEOPTS for EAPIs 5 and
15 greater instead? Do we put fancy code in the package mangler to deal
16 with it?
19 Ciaran McCreesh