From: Chuck Haines <chaines@×××.EDU>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] urgent assistance
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 22:12:44
1 WTF. Is this a joke..?
2
3 On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, dr.mrs.marian abacha wrote:
4
5 > ATTN: THE PRESIDENT/CEO
6 > Dear Sir / Madam,
7 > I am Dr. Mrs. Marian Abacha, wife to the late Nigerian Head of
8 > state,
9 > General Sani Abacha who died on the 8th of June 1998 while
10 > still on active
11 > service for our Country.
12 > I am contacting you with the hope that you will be of great
13 > assistance to
14 > me, I currently have within my reach the sum of 76MILLION U.S
15 > dollars cash
16 > which l intend to use for investment purposes outside Nigeria.
17 > This money
18 > came as a result of a payback contract deal between my husband
19 > and a Russian
20 > firm in our country's multi-billion dollar Ajaokuta steel
21 > plant. The Russian
22 > partners returned my husband's share being the above sum after
23 > his death.
24 > Presently, the new civilian Government has intensified their
25 > probe into my
26 > husband's financial resources, which has led to the freezing of
27 > all our
28 > accounts, local and foreign, the revoking of all our business
29 > licenses and
30 > the arrest of my First son. In view of this I acted very fast
31 > to withdraw
32 > this money from one of our finance houses before it was closed
33 > down. I have
34 > deposited the money in a security vault for safe keeping with
35 > the help of
36 > very loyal officials of my late husband. No record is known
37 > about this fund
38 > by the government because there is no documentation showing
39 > that we received
40 > such funds. Due to the current situation in the country and
41 > government
42 > attitude to my financial affairs, I cannot make use of this
43 > money within.
44 > Bearing in mind that you may assist me, 20% of the total amount
45 > will be paid
46 > to you for your assistance, while 5% will be set aside for
47 > expenses incurred
48 > by the parties involved and this will be paid before sharing.
49 > Half of my75%
50 > will be paid in to my account on your instruction once the
51 > money hits your
52 > account, while the other half will be invested by your humble
53 > self in any
54 > viable business venture you deem fit, with you as manager of
55 > the invested
56 > funds. Remunerations, during the investment period will be on a
57 > 50/50 basis.
58 > Your URGENT response is needed. All correspondence must be
59 > through mylawyer,fax:234-1-7594494. Attentioned to my attorney
60 > (abbas bundu). Please do not
61 > forget to include your direct tel/fax line for easy reach.
62 > I hope I can trust you with my family's last financial
63 > hope.Regards
64 > Dr. Mrs. Marian Sani Abacha.
65 > C/o abbas bundu (counsel)
69 > gentoo-dev mailing list