From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 23:21:42
1 On Thursday 05 January 2006 23:04, Curtis Napier wrote:
2 > > No, that's censored to only display what certain people want it to say
3 > > rather than the truth of what's going on.
4 >
5 > Censored? Please expand on this, how is it censored? I thought we were
6 > allowed to put anything Gentoo related we want to in our Gentoo blog?
7
8 It's censored in the sense, that you limit the audience. Blog's are not suited
9 for general information/discussion, because no one wants to monitor dozens of
10 them and follow multiple threads on different web pages on one and the same
11 topic. Weblogs are useful for people who feel it's necessary to have their
12 own prominent place to raise their voice - a self-projection thingie, that's
13 all. And therefore 99,5% of all the blogs are superfluous. Also a blog owner
14 controls the comments and can delete them as he likes (less important, since
15 it lets him not look good, but he can).
16
17 To make it short: When you really have something important to say, post it to
18 the appropriate mailing list - and post the whole text, not a ridiculous link
19 to your blog, most people are not interested in and won't read! The same goes
20 for our userbase: They're right to expect a single source of general
21 information and one for security information, but not being forced to follow
22 lots of blogs.
25 Carsten