From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Empty project: Desktop
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2016 10:34:55
1 El sáb, 06-08-2016 a las 10:29 -0400, NP-Hardass escribió:
2 > On 08/06/2016 04:31 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Now https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Desktop
5 > >
6 > > Well, it seems that it's only "containing" other subprojects... but
7 > > I
8 > > am unsure if we really need it. Anyway, he is now empty
13 > I think it makes sense to keep desktop environments in a logical
14 > grouping.  There isn't a need for an overarching control structure
15 > right
16 > now, but if there needs to be coordination of efforts, I think
17 > keeping
18 > it in its current structure allows that to happen more easily than if
19 > we
20 > didn't have all the DEs in a project together.
23 Well, in the past (when herds existed) that was handled by freedesktop-
24 bugs project... but now it's different:
25 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Freedesktop
26
27 Anyway, the current desktop project won't either fulfill your
28 suggestion as, instead of being a general alias for all the projects
29 under it (like freedesktop-bugs herd was), it will simply end up with
30 nobody listening as nobody is a member of it :/