From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Democracy: No silver bullet
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 05:39:51
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 14:00 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 >> Oh, gimme a break. Screaming about it on -dev for hundreds of posts
4 >> isn't just equivalent to a vote, it's better. It makes people think
5 >> there's more than 2 developers opposed to it.
6 >
7 > Really? Even you didn't remember that *I* was opposed to Sunrise and
8 > probably accounted for at least a good 50 responses. Yes, good came
9 > from it. Yes, it could have been done much, much better.
10
11 Sunrise is a poor example for me, because I ignored all the discussion
12 on it past a certain point. It was just rehashing the same points over,
13 and over, and over...
14
15 > Hopefully, to streamline processes and give power back to individual
16 > projects to govern themselves in internal matters and let people get
17 > back to doing development. That's a goal I would love to see us strive
18 > to achieve in the next year.
19
20 From what I see, projects are pretty free to govern themselves. How do
21 you see it differently?
22
23 As Weeve said, he's still trying to get people to stop breaking SPARC
24 keywords, just like 3 years ago. It's just when trying to do anything
25 larger than a single project that you run into issues.
26
27 Thanks,
28 Donnie