From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Retiring
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 18:41:01
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 On 2009.05.06 19:32, Peter Faraday Weller wrote:
5 > On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 01:45 +0300, Markos Chandras wrote:
6 > > On Tuesday 05 May 2009 23:45:14 AllenJB wrote:
7 > [..snip..]
8 > > I am sure there are some developers which can offer a great amount
9 > of time to
10 > > help/revibe slacking or dead projects ( e.g. userrel, newsletters
11 > etc ). The
12 > > thing is that leadership on several projects is inactive hence
13 > users
14 > or devs
15 > > who are willing to help are getting demotivated. It would be really
16 > nice each
17 > > individual project to perform a clean up like:
18 [snip]
19 > >
20 > > Looking 'active' is very important to attract new people to
21 > project.
24 > > Is this so hard?
25
26 [snip]
27 > The only issue I have with the idea is that projects with dead
28 > members
29 > and slacking leaders are unlikely to perform such a task, so you'll
30 > never get any updates from them, so devs will be demotivated to work
31 > on
32 > $project, and thus we enter the vicious cycle again...
33 >
34 > welp
35 >
36 Welp,
37
38 Not so.
39
40 These projects would be delegated upwards to the council and either
41 scrapped offically, or some recruitment process started to breath new
42 life into them.
43
44 Maybe dead projects are cleaned like treecleaners ?
45
46 - --
47 Regards,
48