From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2017 21:35:33
1 W dniu nie, 03.12.2017 o godzinie 20∶19 +0100, użytkownik Róbert
2 Čerňanský napisał:
3 > On Sun, 03 Dec 2017 00:18:04 +0100
4 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 > > 1. Posting to gentoo-dev@ and gentoo-project@ mailing lists will be
7 > > initially restricted to active Gentoo developers.
8 > >
9 > > 1a. Subscription (reading) and archives will still be open.
10 > >
11 > > 1b. Active Gentoo contributors will be able to obtain posting access
12 > > upon being vouched for by an active Gentoo developer.
13 > >
14 > > 2. A new mailing list 'gentoo-expert' will be formed to provide
15 > > a discussion medium for expert Gentoo users and developers.
16 > >
17 > > 2a. gentoo-expert will have open posting access like gentoo-dev has
18 > > now.
19 >
20 > Hi Michał,
21 >
22 > I fully understand and support the need of pure dev to dev
23 > mailing list. On the other side I also see the need for an official
24 > (mailing list) channel through which users can reach developers. And
25 > with the proposed change we (users) loose that channel. I am not sure
26 > if gentoo-expert was meant to be such channel; if not could you please
27 > consider it? If yes then I think gentoo-dev-user or gentoo-user-dev
28 > would be more appropriate name.
31 The best way to reach specific Gentoo developers is through Bugzilla.
32 This gives the best chance for focused discussion on the specific issue
33 without unnecessary distraction for other developers who are not
34 interested in the specific topic.
35
36 And yes, gentoo-expert would be a secondary way of reaching developers
37 in specific technical topics. However, depending on the atmosphere
38 around the new channel some developers may decide not to use it (much
39 like they choose to ignore -dev currently).
42 Best regards,
43 Michał Górny