From: Olivier Crete <tester@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Network configuration and bash
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 21:07:51
1 On Tue, 2007-06-02 at 20:34 +0000, Roy Marples wrote:
2 > > Keeping it as is has the advantage that an
3 > > upgrade/downgrade cycle wouldn't change much in functionality based on
4 > > config, which is pretty good (ie, backwards compatibility). In this
5 > > case, I'm not sure legacy is all that bad, simply because it's
6 > > expressive and concise and easily understood :)
7 >
8 > So you're saying we patch other shells to support bash arrays?
9
10 What so wrong with bash? Apart from the fact that its not included in
11 the unmodified base system of FreeBSD? Last I checked, we add lots of
12 Gentooish stuff already. And that its not friendly to tiny embedded
13 systems, which dont use a complex and powerful init system like Gentoo's
14 (but prefer very simple ash scripts).
17 Olivier CrĂȘte
18 tester@g.o
19 Gentoo Developer
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list