From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Unmasking modular X
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 08:28:10
1 Mark Loeser wrote:
2 > I don't really see why anyone that is marking an ebuild stable needs to have
3 > a fatal error because an older version of that package isn't ported yet. We
4 > are perfectly capable of mentioning this on the bug so the maintainer can fix
5 > it later :) A flag to ignore it will make me, and probably other archs, happy
6 > though.
7
8 I see broken dependencies with modular X as much more important than
9 most things repoman warns about now: trailing whitespace, spaces instead
10 of tabs, etc. So it merits more than they get. Jason's idea of a flag
11 makes sense to me, because it should require some effort to avoid
12 porting; it shouldn't be as easy as just not reading warnings.
13
14 Thanks,
15 Donnie