From: Moritz Schulte <moritz@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: Mark Bainter <mark-gt@×××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] License criteria for Gentoo
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:37:52
1 Mark Bainter <mark-gt@×××××.org> writes:
2
3 > I think it really has little to do with giving credit for that
4 > development to the developers. That's already done.
5
6 Well, it is done, because there are people out there who mention that
7 GNU is such an important piece of the whole operating system. If no
8 one would mention GNU and it would be only the "Linux system" - this
9 wouldn't seem like much credit to the GNU people to me.
10
11 > This is about RMS making sure that the GNU foundation stays at the
12 > front of people's thoughts.
13
14 I think it is a good and also important thing to speak about Free
15 Software. But your words make this attitude sound so negative
16 ('crusade') - I don't agree with that.
17
18 > To think that they are or were somehow critically important to this
19 > movement is incredibly foolish.
20
21 Really? I am not so sure wether the Free Software movement would
22 exist nowadays without the FSF and the GNU Project.
23
24 moritz
25 --
26 moritz@×××××××××××××××.de - http://duesseldorf.ccc.de/~moritz/
27 GPG fingerprint = 3A14 3923 15BE FD57 FC06 B501 0841 2D7B 6F98 4199