From: Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP RFC: Third-party contributions
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 04:50:25
1 On 10/27/2016 06:13 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > [snip]
3 >
4 > To be honest, after writing it all down, I started to get the feeling
5 > it isn't necessary after all. The initial idea (and what motivation was
6 > supposed to mean) was that all previous attempts failed because they
7 > either tried to be too specific, force too many style rules or just
8 > never got necessary 'global' to reach all affected parties.
9 >
10 > I'd dare say this GLEP ended up confirming 'third party contributions'
11 > are not that special, we don't need special teams to handle them or
12 > special rules to cover them.
13 >
14 > So yes, it would probably be enough to put such a simple statement
15 > somewhere. The problem is: where? ;-) GLEP seemed like a
16 > straightforward solution to make it global.
19 Could it be relevant on the git workflow page? I consult that on a
20 regular basis (it's even in my watch list), and accepting/pushing
21 contributions seems like it's right in line with our expected git workflow.
22
23 Just a thought. I like where you're going with the idea.
24 --
25 Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
26 OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net
27 fpr: AE03 9064 AE00 053C 270C 1DE4 6F7A 9091 1EA0 55D6