From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: Danny van Dyk <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-dev] Re: Decision to remove stage1/2 from installation documentation
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:28:22
1 22.11.2005, 19:13:36, Danny van Dyk wrote:
2
3 > Thomas Kirchner schrieb: | I'm against this change, personally. Stage1 has
4 > *always* been for | advanced users. If someone screws up their own system
5 > (which is possible | in any number of other ways, as well) then it's their
6 > fault. Gentoo | isn't about babying users. It is about choice. And if
7 > changing that is | the only way to reduce your workload, well...
8
9 > In which way do we take away your ability to choose by moving
10 > documentation from one place to another one? It's just the aim to not
11 > include this documentation into the handbook (which ends up on the
12 > installcds) and to move it out of the scope of ricers.
13
14 If you look at http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/faq.xml (How do I Install Gentoo
15 Using a Stage1 or Stage2 Tarball?) I'd not exactly say that the documentations
16 has been *moved*. Compare that with the original handbook.
21 jakub