From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 07:22:45
1 On Saturday 03 March 2007, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Why is PMS considered so important that it might have a deadline
3 > imposed upon it by the Council?
4
5 why is an EAPI spec considered important ? it should be plainly obvious why
6 something like an EAPI standard matters so much to Gentoo
7
8 > As far as I'm aware, nothing like this has been done before.
9
10 so ? letting projects slide in the past is no justification to let projects
11 in the future slide
12
13 > Now, if there's a good reason for the Council imposing a deadline,
14 > there's a pretty decent chance that said deadline will be met. If the
15 > Council can justify why it needs PMS done in a hurry, PMS can end up
16 > being ready within a very short timeframe. If the Council can't justify
17 > the deadline, it will end up being done within a not so short
18 > timeframe, since all the PMS authors are working upon several things
19 > and won't make PMS top priority without good reason.
20
21 the portage people have things marked for EAPI=1 which are sitting
22 indefinitely (some features which for sure i want to use myself), but we cant
23 really tag EAPI=0 final until we have a spec now can we ?
24 -mike