From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: /etc/hostname on gentoo
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 16:06:58
1 On 08/24/2016 11:49 AM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 >
3 > You're right that the orignal purpose of the change has been debunked.
4 >
5 > So, starting over: one real benefit would be cross-compatibility with
6 > systemd. It's one less thing people would need to reconfigure when
7 > migrating to/from openrc.
10 I still have to take the contents of /etc/conf.d/hostname and copy it
11 into /etc/hostname. I can do it now, or I can do it when I switch to
12 systemd -- but I still have to do it once.