From: Joachim Blaabjerg <styx@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] XFree86 3.3.6
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 07:25:42
1 On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 19:42, Gontran wrote:
2 > * Teardrop Sky (sky@×××××××××××××××××××××××××××.com) wrote:
3 > > [ XF 4.x not always usable ]
4 > >
5 > > but i want to use XF 3.3.6, and how can i use it (installing from a
6 > > source or binary whatever works) and then after installing it, letting
7 > > the portage tree know that i *do* have X installed (so it will not
8 > > emerge XF4 because it might be a requirement for some other portage
9 > > package)
10 >
11 > I hear this. I run 3.3.6, in order to get maximum performance out of my
12 > hardware setup. I did the dirty deed by hand, _after_ disapointment with
13 > XF 4.1, overwriting any binaries. So portage sees the X requirement is
14 > met.
15
16 Just curious, what kind of hardware setup is that?
19 Joachim Blaabjerg
20 styx@×××××.org
21 www.SuxOS.org