From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item: Multiple root kernel command-line arguments
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 20:19:10
1 On Thu, 2020-08-06 at 23:03 +0300, Joonas Niilola wrote:
2 > On 8/6/20 10:58 PM, Thomas Deutschmann wrote:
3 > > Well, the purpose of this is to educate and avoid problems for
4 > > headless/server users. But if so many devs seem to care about pushing
5 > > maybe unrelated information and believe that avoiding that has much more
6 > > value than avoid a problem like an unbootable system for just a few
7 > > people (and for headless/servers this is a major problem in case you
8 > > cannot trigger remote reboot)... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9 > >
10 > Yeah let's break some setups and make people change distributions instead.
11 >
12 > I'd support showing it. Weren't we all taught that too much
13 > communication is better than no communication?
16 That's actually bullshit. Too much noise leads to people stopping to
17 read stuff, and losing important info as a result. Compare: our mailing
18 lists.
21 Best regards,
22 Michał Górny