From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for August 7
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 04:30:18
1 Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> said:
2 > 2) Continued presence of forcefully retired devs
3 > It really baffles me that some developers are forcefully retired for
4 > anti-social behavior, but are not consequently banned from the places
5 > where they display this behavior, such as our MLs and IRC channels. What
6 > good is it to retire developers, but allow them to continue to be
7 > disruptive? I would like the Council to decide for a change in our
8 > policy on this point.
9
10 I personally don't see why they should be allowed to stay part of our
11 communication channels where they have caused problems bad enough to get
12 them retired. With that being said, I think the same technical issues
13 come into play here as with banning someone from "Gentoo" entirely.
14
15 I am not sure how we would be able to enforce this across the board for
16 forcefully retired developers.
19 Mark Loeser
20 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
21 email - mark AT halcy0n DOT com