From: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for August 7
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:16:16
1 Mark Loeser wrote:
2 > I personally don't see why they should be allowed to stay part of our
3 > communication channels where they have caused problems bad enough to get
4 > them retired. With that being said, I think the same technical issues
5 > come into play here as with banning someone from "Gentoo" entirely.
6
7 I agree on this. I'd limit this ban to channels where they have caused
8 problems though (or channels which they've been taking part of), banning
9 them on each and every #gentoo-* channel is just an unnecessary overhead
10 imho. And for the given technical restrictions they'd be banned as
11 suggested, when they are coming back using another IP or another nick
12 the same rules would apply as for every other user - warning and ban if
13 they're misbehaving.
14
15 > I am not sure how we would be able to enforce this across the board for
16 > forcefully retired developers.
17
18 It's not really possible without some huge work overhead to fully ban
19 someone - therefore given limitations as described above would apply.
20 Everything else is not doable from my pov.
21
22 Tobias