From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dummy-sources
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 04:34:54
1 On 25/07/2003 at 21:26:31(-0600), Dave Nellans used 1.4K just to say:
2 > I agree with brad, I proposed the emerge inject solution was how this
3 > problem was intended to be dealt with but couldn't quite make sense of
4 > the reason this didn't work from the thread.
5 >
6 > could someone possibly clearly give the arguement against injecting
7 > again for us slow people?
8
9 The problems as I get them, are:
10
11 - Injecting the sources, would work, but it would require reinjecting every
12 newer version, or else an "emerge -u" would upgrade the version for us, when
13 for example upgrading a package that depends on the sources.
14
15 - Injecting a sufficiently big, non-existing version would not work, because an
16 emerge -u (even -U) would downgrade the version to the highest available,
17 i.e. it would install a version.
18
19 It seems that having a dummy-sources whose version does not change would solve
20 this problem.
23 \ Georgi Georgiev \ IBM's original motto: Cogito ergo vendo; \
24 / chutz@×××.net / vendo ergo sum. /
25 \ +81(90)6266-1163 \ \