From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: libpng-1.5 smooth upgrade
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 20:19:07
1 Il giorno dom, 13/02/2011 alle 14.22 -0500, Mike Frysinger ha scritto:
2 >
3 > thus it's a lot more sane in the long term to assume that packages
4 > support the
5 > latest rather than patching everyone (and being forced to carry those
6 > custom
7 > patches indefinitely) to set the ceiling at the last "known" working
8 > version.
9
10 Okay so what would you think of installing the headers and .pc files for
11 the "previous ABI" slotted packages? It would extend a bit more the
12 non-latest, but wouldn't stray far from what we've done up to now, and
13 we'd have a proof of concept to show upstream how to implements the
14 fallbacks... then we could probably talk some of them to do just that.
17 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
18 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/