From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] making revdep-rebuild (partially) obsolete
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 04:15:44
1 * Micha?? Górny <mgorny@g.o> schrieb:
2
3 > > What do you think about this idea ?
4 >
5 > You mean what do we think about portage-2.2 and preserved-libs?
6
7 Well, I'm still using portage-2.1, so I wans't aware of whats going
8 on there. For now it seems the preservation is still done explicitly
9 (preserve_old_lib calls in certain ebuilds ?). My proposal is to
10 record the necessary information (eg. which so some executable/so
11 is linked against) automatically - does portage-2.2 do that ?
12
13 BTW: several blog/maillist postings talked about the problem that
14 even on recompile, older library versions could be linked in even
15 on recompile. Somebody suggested to move away preserved libs to
16 another directly (which is then added to ld.so.conf). What do you
17 think about that ?
18
19 Another approach could be building everything in an separate,
20 minimal sysroot or chroot. (I admit, I have no idea how complex
21 it would be to implement that in portage - my Briegel buildsystem
22 does always does this)
25 cu
26 --
28 Enrico Weigelt, metux IT service -- http://www.metux.de/
29
30 phone: +49 36207 519931 email: weigelt@×××××.de
31 mobile: +49 151 27565287 icq: 210169427 skype: nekrad666
33 Embedded-Linux / Portierung / Opensource-QM / Verteilte Systeme